Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 1, 2008

Elizabeth Amber - Raine

!! ARC REVIEW FOR REALMS ON OUR BOOKSHELVES !!
Genre: Erotica
Book 2 in the Lords of Satyr series
ISBN: 0-7582-2040-5
Releasedate: March 2008
Publisher: Kensington Publishing
Format owned: TPB
For sale at: The Book Depository Store

Synopsis
As A Lover, His Skills Are Legendary...

The middle brother, Raine, is both sensual and stoic. Scarred by once taking a wife who could not accept his carnal needs, he wants no part in another marriage. But duty commands that he fulfill his promise to wed King Feydon's second daughter, Jordan...

But In Matters Of The Heart, He Has Much To Learn...
The loyal satyr begins a search that leads him from Tuscany to romantic Venice, where his beautiful bride awaits, unaware of what passionate delights fate has planned for her. Raine is careful not to reveal his powerful satyr sexuality, for fear of driving yet another woman away. But unbeknownst to him, Jordan is no ordinary woman and was born with an insatiable appetite for love. And as Raine's heart begins to melt for her, how long will he be able to hide his true nature when Jordan seems to want him so fiercely?
REVIEW

When Raine was ordered to take an offspring of Fae-king Feydon as his wife, he was reluctant in getting married again. But once he spotted Jordan, his body betrayed him tremendously… Will his heart follow?

As the middle of the Satyr brothers he is the second one to locate the Fae-daughter, whom he is ordered to take as his wife. His past experience with his first wife made him realize he never wants to marry again. That, combined with his past, makes him a tortured hero – as so longingly beloved amongst readers.

The beginning of this story is a bit difficult to get into, but once you read on, you see it is not due to the way it is written. It emphasizes Raine’s character formidably. He is regal, distance, aristocratic, annoyingly organized and reluctant to share his inner self, due to the hurt that is done to him in the past.

Jordan is a totally different character altogether. Split into two beings, because her mother needed a son, but is very much feminine inside. She’s a heroine to my heart. Strong-minded, funny, stubborn and set to make Raine laugh and enjoy life a bit more. She’s got the capability to make Raine walk a step out of pace from his organized life, bringing organized chaos into it.

I am amazed by Elizabeth Amber’s ability to bring three brothers to life, whom are very different from each other but work superbly well together. She is able to write their stories so, that you really feel their character throughout the whole length of their journey. Once one of the others are mentioned in the scenes, you straight away feel what their character is like, bringing such a change in scenery.

In this novel, the emphasis is not on the plotlines, even though things were surprising in the end. It was focused on getting to know Raine and Jordan, seeing them bloom to life and growing towards each other. That combined, ofcourse, with amazing passionate love making, which require a bit of an open mind. It made me realize I am more open minded than I thought I was. When introduced in the way Elizabeth Amber did, working really well within the story, it adds to it a lot. It fits within this story because it’s part of who Jordan really is and adds to the reading experience of getting to know her inner turmoil and creating her “new” identity for herself.

Despite the fact Nick and Raine really caught my attention and affection; my body, mind and soul belong to Lyon. He and his way of life make butterflies flutter in my belly. Nicholas’ and Raine’s stories are the base and the mix to the cake, but Lyon is the chocolate glazing and cherry to finish it off.

Needing to wait for the next story in line is a pleasant torture I’m willing to undergo – but having to say eagerly waiting what Lyon will bring to the mix! The Lords of Satyr is a trilogy that should not be missed on your bookshelves!

4 stars

0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers