Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, December 10, 2006

JR Ward - Lover Eternal


JR Ward – Lover Eternal
Genre: Paranormal
Book 2 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood
ISBN: 0-451-21804-3
Releasedate: March 2006
Publisher: Penguin Putnam Inc.
Format owned: HC Rhapsody & MPB
For sale at: The Book Depository Store

Synopsis
Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetite. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns a ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin.

Possessed by this dark side, Rhage fears the times when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him. When Mary Luce is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world, she must rely on Rhage's protection. Knowing that Mary feels the same intense animal attraction, Rhage must make her his alone...

REVIEW
OMG!!! I love this series. Wrath and Beth had me shook up and hooked onto this series but Rhage and Mary have me hung to their story like bees to honey! I just had to spend my every free moment reading on : it captivated me - even had me dreaming about the brotherhood! I'm still in awe. Ofcourse I needed a box full of paper tissues! When a story does that to me... than it's a sublime high for me!

JR Ward has created such an immense wonderful brotherhood with warriors that (I anyway) long to meet in my life - even if it's just once - but then again I know I wouldn't go for less knowing these beautiful gorgeous warriors would walk around for real...

The lesser-part is something it can do without because the story itself is so strong! In the end of this story it blended in more into knowing why it is mentioned in this series, but JR Ward writes in such a magnificent way. The love story woven into it is so strong that it doesn't need it, but strangely enought it does fit...

What keeps me brilliantly into this series is that towards the end of each story you are left with a cliffhanger. Eventhough Rhage and Mary were the centre of this story, towards the ending Zsadist and Bella encounter eachother; and knowing Zsadist's story is next; I am left eager to start in it. And what's up with Butch and Marissa? Their story is coming in a few months - sigh - how can I waith that long?!! But I have to say Vishous captured my heart!!!!

JR Ward is brilliant in the way she has written this series. It's like following a series on TV that you're really into - ie. for me 'Prisonbreak'. You just can't wait till you see the next episode to know what's coming!!

Although it did fit in this story, especially when you get to know Rhage's curse a bit - my love-thirst heart took a turn and screamed 'Noooo!!' When Rhage did something and only hours later declared Mary his love for her. It did fit into the whole story; it all strangely fitted like a glove. It was like reading/going through an emotional roller-coaster. And when Rhage went to the Scribe Virgin with his request and the conditions she had laid out, 'a box of tissues' wasn't enough anymore. At some point I remember crying and laughing at the same time.

The following quote left me wondering once again 'is Jesus his own father???'

"And she would have been convinced the mother of God had been under those black robes just now."
Rhage replied : "Actually, that was the Scribe Virgin. Who's a lot of things, but not Jesus's mom. At least, not as far as our lexicon goes."
I always thought that God and the Virgin Mary created Jesus -> so they were his father and mother - making God and Mary in some wicked way lovers; if not, this whole thing is twisted....

Hmmm now this is going to bug me all week....

5 Stars

0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers