Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Elizabeth Lowell – Forbidden

Genre: Historical
Book 2 in the Medieval trilogy
ISBN: 0-7278-5948-X
Releasedate: 1993
Publisher: Avon
Format owned: HC
For sale at: The Book Depository Store

SYNOPSIS
A magical tale of romance and lionhearted chivalry in medieval Britain from this best-selling author Amber dreads the consequences of touching this unknown warrior, who has been brought to her cottage during the night. For he fits far too closely the words of a prophesy made at her birth - a prophesy of remarkable love... and the death that must inevitably follow.But the urge to touch him is too strong - and to touch him endlessly with unquenchable passion. When the warrior's memory returns, he realizes that Amber is his enemy. But how can he forsake the woman who has healed his body and his heart? Now he must defy to the death the dread forces that have proclaimed their love forbidden.
REVIEW
A very much superb sequel to the first book in this trilogy “Untamed”. I started reading this book and just couldn’t putt it down till I finished it! It got to me in so many ways that I don’t even know where to begin. This story is about Duncan – the man with no past – and Amber – the Untouchable – and the forbidden touch they both ferociously longed for but couldn’t have. A story about honor – oaths – magic and prophecy; all hidden within this perfect 300 pages long story. Raw emotions and strong love flow from every page with a surprising end that with no doubt will be followed up in the third book of this trilogy.

Although Elizabeth Lowell writes great fulfilling stories I did however miss the part of how Duncan ended up within the Stone Ring without any memory whatsoever of his past. So in that way she leaves me pondering a bit (maybe that is what she wanted, because let’s face it a book is a great book when you keep talking about it!), but my romantic heart was so pleased with this book!It merely held all one would seek in a Historical Romance! The images / scenes created by Elizabeth are well putt to paper, it’s like you’re almost there way back in the past living those moments yourself – all consuming!Again I’ve read this book in its Dutch translation and I do feel that part of the “magic” of this story was lost in the process. But some things are worth looking past when you read a great story like this.

I’m so hooked I’m straight away diving into ‘Enchanted’ to see what Simon – the Loyal is up to.

QUOTE:
‘Breath of my breath; heart of my heart; souls of my soul; touch me.’

Purrrrrrrrrrr – quote’s like the above make me purr like a little kitten who’s being stroked tenderly!

4,5 Stars

0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers