Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In Loving Memory

One night a woman had a dream. She dreamed she was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from her life. For each scene she noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to her and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of her life flashed before her, she looked back at the footprints in the sand. She noticed that many times along the path of her life there was only one set of footprints. She also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of her life.

This really bothered her and she questioned the LORD about it. "LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints,instead of two, it was then that I carried you."

I'm sad to say that on February 25, 2009 my nanna - not by birth but all the more by heart - has passed away.

After a short hospitalbed we got the news that she quietly passed away during a short induced sleep while docters tried their best to safe her life.

She was one of those grandma's who every one should have had the pleasure to know; loving, caring and always showed interest in everybody who was blessed to know her. Eventhough her body on many occassions gave her health problems having her confined to her wheelchair; eventhough her life sure to say hasn't always been easy, she always stayed upbeat and held a strong heart and will to live.



What I think is the one thing that I learned from her through my dad, is to - no matter what the situation is - always handle it with humor and a smile, stay positive and live life to the fullest. Needless to say that she will be greatly missed by her children, grandchildren, friends and caretakers.

Nanna, I know the light called you and you were ready to say goodbye, I and we feel peace with that, knowing you had no pain and had no long sickbed. You were and are still loved by us all. You will never be forgotten and always remain with us in our hearts!

I know it was time for you to say goodbye
To leave this life behind
In peace you went into the light
For the way back to your creator to find
I’m sure by now you found the peace
Of heaven and of God
That’s why we say farewell today
Forever you’ll be in our hearts

Rest in peace, Nanna!

Your loving granddaughter,

Natascha


0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers