Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christine Feehan - Twilight Before Christmas

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Book 2 in the Drake Sister series
ISBN: 0-743-47628-X
Releasedate: December 2003
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Format owned: MMPB
For sale at: The Book Depository Store

Synopsis

Bestselling novelist Kate Drake is one of seven sisters gifted with amazing powers of witchcraft. Returning home in time for her northern California town's annual Christmas pageant, Kate catches the spirit of the season and decides to open a bookstore in a charming but run-down historic mill. Decorated former U.S. Army Ranger Matt Granite, now a local contractor, doesn't mind working in the undeniably eerie house -- not if it means getting closer to Kate. There's something about the quiet, sensual woman that powerfully attracts him.

When an earthquake cracks the mill's foundation and reveals a burial crypt, Kate senses that a centuries-old evil has been unleashed--and that it's coming after her. Though Matt vows to guard her from dusk till dawn, Kate knows she will have to summon all of her and her sisters' powers to battle the darkness threatening to destroy both Christmas and the gift of soul-searing passion her hometown hero wants her to keep forever...
REVIEW

When Matt and Kate meet again in a near accident they set things in motion. With danger luring around every corner and seem to aim to destroy everything that comes in its way they soon discover there might be more between them than the eye can see.

After hearing so much about Christine Feehan – say it due to her Carpathian-series – I decided to start reading some of her work and I was fairly surprised by this novel in her Drake Sisters series. Although I haven’t read the first one, the anthology Magic in the Wind – I don’t feel I missed an important part of the series. I do want to read Sarah and Damon’s story, but for now I’m contend with reading the next few novels!

There is something special in the way Christine was able to describe and write about the sisterly bond between the Drake Sisters. I think this is due to her being part of a big family as well. Being close to my own siblings this was a part that instantly got me hooked onto the story and felt such a homey-contendness with it. It made me snuggle up on the sofa and cuddle up with my cats while reading on.

This was a novella – and with that the story was in my opinion cut a bit short. I feel that more could have been putt into the story to make it a bit more flowing. At some point I found it a bit rushed through all they had to go through. This is a series about witches and with that it automatically falls into the paranormal genre. However what touched me more was the contemporary romance that was developed in the line of events. Having said that, the Drake Sisters charmed their way into my heart.

It’s like your reading along with a special part of life, like you’re allowed a glance in what they experience along the way.

This is one of those series you can just read the next novel striaght after the previous one without it getting boring or too much if you know what I mean. So I’m straight away diving into Oceans of Fire – Abigail’s story. I can’t wait to read about her and the Dolphins!

3,5 stars

0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers