Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code

Genre: Suspense
Book 2 in the Robert Langdon series
ISBN: 0-552-14951-9
Releasedate: March 18, 2003
Publisher: Transwolrd Publishers Ltd.
Format owned: PB-UK / HC Limited Illustrated edition
For sale at: The Book Depository Store

Synopsis

Harvard professor Robert Langdon receives an urgent late-night phone call while on business in Paris: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been brutally murdered inside the museum. Alongside the body, police have found a series of baffling codes.

As Langdon and a gifted French cryptologist, Sophie Neveu, begin to sort through the bizarre riddles, they are stunned to find a trail that leads to the works of Leonardo Da Vinci - and suggests the answer to a mystery that stretches deep into the vaults of history.

Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine code and quickly assemble the pieces of the puzzle, a stunning historical truth will be lost forever....

REVIEW

Normally I am not a big fan of novels within the thriller genre, but Dan Brown has got a lifelong fan, with his Robert Langdon series, in me. And to keep things in perspective - since I bought this book 3 years ago, I've read it about 16 times or so - yes I've been told it's not an addiction anymore but a mental issue....

I'm only writing the review now because I've started writing reviews 2 months ago (Sept '06). I remember buying the book, settling in at home, making a cup of tea with some biccies, and the whole time I went : I knew it, I was right all along ~ about the Mary Magdalene part ~. Eventhough the Robert Langdon story is Dan's own creation; he did use facts that no-one can deny! No wonder the Vatican went balistic over this book.

Dan Brown knows how to putt a thrilling story to paper. Every chapter leaves you wondering what comes next and just when you think you have it figured out - the whole thing is mixed up again and new things come to light.

I think this second novel is not as sublime as the first one in this series 'Angels and Demons' it comes very close though. And to be able to do this for a second time in a row as an author I think is amazing. His writing is so formidable that you get sucked into the thrill and are eager to keep reading.

I love Robert Langdon's character and putt him right next to Buffy's - Rupert Giles. Looks as well as personage. The interaction between Sophie and Robert adds to the story and it all just fits like a glove. Amazing. I'm amazed, that's all I can say.

What I think is marvellous as well is (as I've never been to Vatican City / Rome before) the added map of this part of Italy. It was great to be able to see the map that they followed and what came out of it, brilliant.

4,5 stars

0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers