Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Constance O'Day Flannery - Time Kept Promises

Genre: Paranormal
Standalone novel
ISBN: 0-8217-5963-9
Releasedate: August 1988
Publisher: Zebra
Format owned: MPB
For sale at: Sorry Out Of Print - check for secondhand

Synopsis
Bearing a striking resemble to Christina O'Mara, a beautiful woman who disappeared without a trace years ago, Kristine Gavin is transported back in time into the body of her double and falls for Christine's devastatingly handsome husband Sean O'Mara--a man who might be a murderer.
REVIEW
This book was published in 1988 – I was ten years old – and not in the slightest interested in reading Historical Romances. It’s amazing to see how writing novels have progressed since then. Nowadays books have to be erotically charged, emotional rollercoasters and daringly bold. I found it refreshingly appealing to read a novel from way back when, when conversations were lighter and emotions there but no as heavy-loaded.

Constance Oday-Flannery has made my heart flutter lightly like a butterfly in my chest when I read this novel. First off because Sean O’Mara has an Irish-heritage, second off because he made Rivanna into a stud-farm – I just love horses! – and third off it has a touch of time-travelling in it, combined with a blooming romance, it’s a perfect historical novel to me.

Back then the books still had over 500 pages! So the story didn’t have to be edited into 375 pages. I can’t imagine I had this book laying around for over a year and not touch it before. Constance writes in a funny but lovely way. It made me burst out in laughter and it made me grin and giggle a lot!

I don’t know if Constance has written a lot more books but I do know if I ever come across another it will be added to my : ‘buy straight away list’, because in my bookcase at this moment she stands out as a good read for in between the A+-list novels of this time.

QUOTE:
Still laughing, Sean crossed his arms over his face to protect himself and backed away from her. Eventhough the towel could do little damage, she was wielding it like a saber, slashing at him like a trained swordsman.

3,5 Stars

0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers