Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sara Bennett – Lessons In Seduction

Genre: Regency
Book 1 in the Greentree Sisters Trilogy
ISBN: 0-06-058438-6
Releasedate: 2005
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers Inc
Format owned: MPB
For sale at: The Book Depository Store

Synopsis
What is prim and proper Miss Vivianna Greentree to do when her precious haven for orphans is threatened? She has no choice but to turn to the owner of the property, Sir Oliver Montegomery -- yet the heartless scoundrel refuses to be swayed by reason. So Vivianna must resort to other means of persuasion ...

Under the tutelage of Madame Aphrodite, London's most notorious courtesan, Vivianna is determined to learn the sensuous secrets that will render a man weak with desire, to melt Oliver's stony heart with a kiss, a caress and a promise. But as her encounters with Oliver become more intense, Vivianna unexpectedly discovers a fiery passion that leaves her breathless. And soon it becomes unclear exactly who is seducing whom...
REVIEW
What a lovely romantic story altogether. On the cover Stephanie Laurens is quoted : 'Exciting, enthralling and satisfying.' I couldn't quite get the words together in my head myself to describe this story and it is exactly just as she said.

I thoroughly enjoyed the spitfire passionate goody-two-shoes lady Vivianna Greentree. And as soon as Lord Oliver Montegomery entered the story I knew I'd like him... a lot! I'm always weak in the knees for a rake with emotional issues....

Sara has written this story in a way that makes you have a great passtime while reading it. The story itself was good, great intro-middle-ending balance although the epilogue, I thought, was a bit over the top and for me didn't add something extra, which was a bit disappointing.

With every "regency-like" story, while reading I'm able to sort of predict what comes next and this book didn't surprise me in that way. Everything that was unfold in the ending I saw coming - apart from the Queen Victoria/Prince Albert thing.

I am however looking forward to reading Marietta and Franscesca's stories and see what Sara has got in store for them and Madame Aphrodite!

A solid 3,5 stars all over for me, nothing more, nothing less.

3,5 Stars

0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers