Reading Now:

Photobucket

Romantic Suspence, Behind Closed doors by Shannon McKenna

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Guestbook

Photobucket

Worldmap

Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 14, 2010

Coversong - but oh so good!

I know there is this big thing about whether or not it's 'ok' to do coversongs of classic numbers for bands these days, and to be honest they usually are the underdog to the original, but sometimes you come across a song sang a lot better than the original.


Now a song called 'Total eclipse of the heart' by Bonnie Tyler I used to love already, I bought her cd and everything, so we're cool on the fact she made a great song.

But years later this song was covered by an Irish boyband called Westlife and now even after hearing it a lot of times (I think it was released somewhere around 2006) it's still on the cd I keep remixing for in my car, and giving me goosebumps and on occassion a tear to my eyes.



******************************
LYRICS
Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round
Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes
Every now and then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes
Every now and then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong
Together we can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time (all of the time)
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit restless and I dream of something wild
Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms
Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit angry and I know I've got to get out and cry
Turnaround
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified but then I see the look in you eyes
Turnaround bright eyes
Every now and then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes
Every now and then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong
Together we can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time (all of the time)
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
A total eclipse of the heart
A total eclipse of the heart
A total eclipse of the heart
A total eclipse of the heart
******************************

You can listen to it here:




0 reacties:

Blog Assistant

Photobucket
With spring in the air, my blog assistant decided to dress a bit more appropriate...

State Of Mind

Photobucket

Torn between the good stuff and the yummy stuff....

About Me

My Photo
Natascha
Winschoten, Groningen, Netherlands

With everything new, I ofcourse, had to get used to the idea of making, owning and maintaining a blog but I have to say, now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s quite fun to do. Let me introduce myself, I’m Natascha, in my early 30’s and from a little place called Winschoten in the Netherlands, I’ll be your host on this blog.

As an avid reader you’ll find that most of my blogs will maintain reviews, books, topics about books, writing and such, but as I am a diverse person myself, it will include many other topics on things that I find interesting in life. So welcome to my world, and happy blogging!
View my complete profile

Visitors On Blog

The ROOB Posse

Followers